DTL Energy Solutions.com

Commercial LED light Retrofitting                                      Call: 706.829.5676

Why Switch to LED Lighting

1) LED light bulbs last longer.

Without a filament to break or burn out, LED light bulbs can last for over 50,000 hours without showing their age (that's over eleven years at full brightness at 10 hrs a day). This lifespan is 5 times that of typical fluorescent bulbs and twenty times longer than incandescent light bulbs.

2) They are energy efficient.

A fluorescent bulb loses 80 percent of its energy to heat, leaving only the last 20 percent for light. LED light bulbs turns this around, with little or none of their energy to heat loss. Not only that, but they operate at 10 to 20 percent of the power required for fluorescent/ incandescent bulbs of similar brightness.

3) LED's are more colorful.

LED light bulbs can be made in a vast array of colors without the use of extra filters, which brings down production costs. They also provide a truer, brighter color than a filtered bulb.

4) LED light bulbs work in silence.

The days of humming bulbs came to an end with the creation of LEDs, so there's no need to lose sanity listening to the hum, tick, or ping of other light bulbs.

5) They are incredibly safe.

With so little energy lost to heat and so little energy used overall, LED light bulbs run cool, which means no heat or burnt bulbs and fixtures. They are extremely durable thanks to their solid-state construction, so there's no broken glass to deal with, either.

6) LED light bulbs are focused.

LED's are made to focus without the use of extra reflectors or lenses, which means less bulk and lower cost for the same beam of light.

7) They are the best for dimming.

Incandescent bulbs turn yellow when dimmed, while LED light bulbs retain their true colors.

8) LED's are versatile.

Thanks to the wide array of colors and shapes LED's be made to replace most any light bulb. Their varying sizes and power-sipping nature also open up a world of possibility, from infrared remote control lights to ultra-light headlamps.

9) LED light bulbs bring light quickly.

Lighting up to their full brightness in microseconds, LED's do not need time to warm up like fluorescent lighting.  They light at full brightness immediately and remain that way.

10) They promise a brighter future.

LED light bulbs don't contain mercury, like compact fluorescent bulbs do. Combining that with the fact that they outlast their energy efficient cousins, makes the choice to go LED clear as day.